nanog mailing list archives

Re: What vexes VoIP users?

From: Leigh Porter <leigh.porter () ukbroadband com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:15:44 +0000

On 28 Feb 2011, at 19:03, Jameel Akari wrote:

Sounds very different indeed.  In the US, it's basically "your local Ma Bell derivative, or something not-POTs."
Anecodtally, as of this morning we just dropped one of our POTS lines for the cable company's alternative. Cost
dropped from $69/mo to $29/mo right there.

With say, Verizon POTS you're looking at nearly $30/mo just for dialtone, with everything else (outbound calls, LD,
caller ID...) extra.  Now there is some added value in real POTS, but it's awfully hard to justify the cost
difference.

--
Jameel Akari

Yeah I am thankful for the competition we have over here now!

I think that if I were 'over there' then I would be using VoIP as well.

--
Leigh Porter