nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 is on the marketers radar

From: Jeff Hartley <intensifysecurity () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:13:29 -0500

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Mark Andrews <marka () isc org> wrote:

It will certainly be entertaining to see what behaviors the various
CPEs default to on the public-facing side.  In the NetGear WNDR3700's
case after upgrading its firmware, options were included for:
  Disabled (default)
  Auto-detect
  6to4 Tunnel
  Pass Through
  Fixed
  DHCP
  PPPoE

Where is SLAAC?

Mark Andrews, ISC

Based on their tiny bit of surrounding text, apparently that's "Pass
Through", although that naming choice seems odd to me.  I'd call it
"native", but we're back to marketing at that point...

I agree with Daniel (above) on the noticeable lack of DS-Lite and/or 6rd.
  Chicken-and-egg situation regarding the most profitable to implement?
  Lack of development resources?
  Coming RSN?
...I was surprised to see anything at all, hence the share.

-Jeff