nanog mailing list archives

Old Annex question

From: Brian Feeny <bfeeny () mac com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 23:00:46 -0500

Sad but true, I still have a few of these in operation as terminal servers.  In reading the documentation I could find
it wasn't clear to me how to solve my issue.  I use these to manage Cisco routers.

How can I connect to a server, and then drop back to the CLI, so I can then connect to another server, and keep
switching back and forth?  I thought I could just set the attn_string to say "^A" and then I could just hit that and it
would work, but it doesn't seem to.  I basically want to emulate the same functionality you can get when you do ^^x on
a Cisco terminal server (2509/2511/etc).

here is how its configured right now:

%rotary
host1:                          1@172.16.1.10
host2:                          2@172.16.1.10
host3:                          3@172.16.1.10
%gateway
annex 172.16.1.10
net default gateway 172.16.1.1 metric 1 hardwired
end

So I connect to my annex by telnetting to 172.16.1.10, then I type say host1, but I want to drop back to the CLI, any
ideas how to escape to CLI once connected?

I figured that since many of you are from my same era and these were popular with ISP's of the day, someone here may
know......

Brian