nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

From: Scott Helms <khelms () ispalliance net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 17:55:14 -0500

On 2/9/2011 5:48 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
On Feb 9, 2011, at 12:00 PM, david raistrick wrote:

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Jens Link wrote:

Scott Helms<khelms () ispalliance net>  writes:

IPv6 for some ISPs will be extraordinarily painful because of legacy
layer 2 gear
I don't feel sorry for them. We know that IPv6 is coming for how long?
15years? 10year? 5years? Well if you only read the mainstream media you
And at what point during that time did they have any vendor gear they could purchase that -would- support v6?   At -best- during
the last 5 years, but I'd put money on that even today they can't purchase gear with adequate v6 support.

This is largely the result of the fact that they did not demand it from their
vendors during that time.

Owen

Absolutely, just as the ISPs didn't see demand, and don't today, from their users and thus the circle of blame is complete :)

--
Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology