nanog mailing list archives

Re: Broadband providers in downtown Chicago

From: Ryan Malayter <malayter () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 18:57:58 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 1, 11:30 am, Ishmael Rufus <sakam... () gmail com> wrote:
Our company is in a building at 200 w. Monroe and we have difficulty
finding an internet service provider that could at least provide
1Mbps+ Upload bandwidth that is not Cogent Communications.

Is it really this difficult finding a decent internet service provider
in downtown Chicago?

No, it isn't. Unless your building management has an exclusive deal
with Cogent. We have our choice of basically every national Tier-1 and
all the larger regional players around the corner on Monroe.