nanog mailing list archives

Re: network issue help

From: Jason Biel <jason () biel-tech com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 17:51:52 -0500

TBH, this thread has made the hour preceding my Juniper upgrades *way* more
enjoyable.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Chaim Rieger <chaim.rieger () gmail com>wrote:

replied inline, with a summary below

On 8/10/2011 2:35 PM, Deric Kwok wrote:

Hi

There is problem in our network. The connection is disappearing.

From this i take is that you are using the avaya networking gear with the
fcoe protocol enabled, this is a big no-no. you need to disable ipsec, then
enable dns, your connection should come right back

ls it about lop ing?

it is not about lops at all, nor is it about looping, its all about the
trees dude, there is a hidder feature called, treehugger protocol. and this
will help prevent looping in the long term, its hidden behind the power
chord, unplug the power cable from your switch, and you will see it between
the three prongs. no that you can see this, test for excessive looping

How can I check it in switch?

if the step above failed, i would take the cable that is plugged into port
7 of your switch and plug the other end into port 13, it might help, i would
also leave in there for a while, and go grab a cup of coffee

ls spammingtree disable by default?

only if there are branches

Thank you so much

welcome