nanog mailing list archives

RE: VPN over slow Internet connections

From: Brandon Kim <brandon.kim () brandontek com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 13:06:36 -0400

If I had to guestimate, the performance would be horrible considering the VPN overhead in itself.

You can't choose UDP or TCP, that is all based on the applications being used within the tunnel.
So the apps will decide what protocols they will need to use, which will then be encapsulated by IPSEC.

It could work, but you may not be happy and it may not provide the desired performance that you need
to be productive....