nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone still maintaining altdb.net?

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:30:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011, Bret Palsson wrote:

I submitted my objects April 11. the mtrner object needs to be created by the db-admin. I realize this is a volunteer thing.
Could I help out or could the people that are helping out look at adding my record? I need to setup some peering
relationships. I'd prefer to support open communities rather than paying and am willing to help out if need be.

If you're just getting started, it might make sense to look at another db. IIRC, RIPE's routing registry is free to use, supports md5crypt and PGP/GPG auth, and isn't a volunteer one-man show.

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |