nanog mailing list archives

Re: LAGing backbone links

From: Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 07:45:20 +0100

On 6 Apr 2011, at 23:17, Daniel Roesen <dr () cluenet de> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 08:05:59PM +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
Some older equipment will unequally prefer certain links over others,
depending on the number of members in the LAG.  I.e. a 2-member LAG might
load balance equally under ideal conditions, but a 3-member LAG might
naturally load balance 2:2:1.

Even newer gear does that. TurboIron 24X for example.

I believe this has been fixed on s/w version 4.2.00 on the turboiron, and that it can now support arbitrary numbers of
lag members. Haven't tested it though...

Nick