nanog mailing list archives

Re: Juniper to Watchguard IPSEC

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 09:46:43 +0930

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 4, 2010, at 6:50 AM, Iain Morris <iain.t.morris () gmail com> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Welch, Bryan <Bryan.Welch () arrisi com>wrote:

Anyone have any experience with IPSEC between a WG Firebox and Juniper
SRX/SSG?  Running into some problems and beginning to think there might be
some incompatibilities in their IPSEC options.

Not WG but I had trouble getting a SSG to talk to a Cisco until I realized
the SSG (ScreenOS) has to have a proxy-id defined, which the Cisco required
to complete the SA.  But perhaps you're using Junos on your SSGs if you're
talking SRX as well.

Same requirement in JunOS as well.

Owen

-Iain