nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN Fraud Reporting Form ... Don't waste your time

From: Dave Sparro <dsparro () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 11:42:10 -0400

On 10/1/2010 5:22 AM, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

really too much to ask?  They could say, to everyone involved, and to
the community as a whole, ``This ain't right.  *We* maintain the official
allocation records.  In most cases, *we* made the allocations, and that
guy should NOT be announcing routes to that IP space, and he shouldn't be
announcing anything at all via that AS number, because these things ain't
his.''

So what you're saying is that ARIN should publish data on the rightful users of the number resources in some online database?

(maybe they could call it WHOIS)

--
Dave