nanog mailing list archives

Re: AS6517 - Reliance Globalcom -- routing three more hijacked blocks - bulk Whois

From: John Curran <jcurran () arin net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 10:35:08 -0400

On Oct 7, 2010, at 10:25 AM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

in stabbing around today on the ARIN online website I noticed this:

" ARIN provides access to a list of number resources in the database
which have no valid POC data. A POC handle is marked invalid by ARIN
staff when the POC has not been modified in more than one year and the
POC fails to respond to ARIN's annual request to validate their POC
information. In order to access this report, NRPM Policy 3.6.1
requires that you meet the criteria specified in ARIN’s Bulk Whois
policy, including signing an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Complete
information on Bulk Whois, including the AUP and data request form can
be found here. "

one wonders if this sort of thing could be useful to folks maintaining
lists of numbers that are used to affect other folks business plans.

Chris -

  Very timely...  I should advise the community that a revised ARIN
  Bulk WHOIS policy will be sent for community consultation shortly,
  and folks should take a chance to comment on the valid uses of
  access to this data.  More information on how ARIN processes
  incoming suggestions and consultations is available here:
  <https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/index.html>

FYI,
/John

John Curran