nanog mailing list archives

Re: Facebook down!! Alert!

From: Quinn Kuzmich <lostinmoscow () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 16:11:54 -0600

Giant Panty Raid.  Now I know what I'll be calling my weekend/overnight
shifts.  Who says being a Network Engineer can't be fun?

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Tammy A. Wisdom <tammy-lists () wiztech biz>wrote:

This thread proves too me yet again that nanog is the internets equivalent
of a giant panty raid.  This isn't the outages list & I am rather annoyed
that we must discuss junk social media sites such as facebook.  Just because
you are panicing does not mean that the thousands of people on this list
give a flying rats ass that facebook is down!
Can we please discuss relevant topics such as running networks? (for
instance NOT @#$@#$ing FACEBOOK!)
This list over the last year has just gone soo far downhill that I am most
likely going to unsubscribe from it as I don't get any technical benefit
from the garbage that is discussed on this list 99.999999999999999% of the
time.

--Tammy