nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN IP/AS Assignment

From: Brielle Bruns <bruns () 2mbit com>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 10:32:22 -0600

On 10/2/10 1:17 AM, Imran Moin wrote:
Hello All,

I was wondering how long it is taking ARIN these days to assign new IP block
and AS Number. We are a new startup and looking to build our network over
the next few months.

It took only a few days to be assigned our AS number, but that was after hair pulling, head banging on desk, and i-want-to-drink-every-night-after-work for a week or two while we figured out how to work around the circular "You need to have two upstreams first before we will assign an AS" rule but providers can't/won't peer with you without one in the first place reality.

I wish you luck :)

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org