nanog mailing list archives

Re: Token ring? topic hijack: was Re: Mystery open source switching

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 18:01:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Michael Sokolov wrote:

Michael Painter <tvhawaii () shaka com> wrote:

Thick or Thin?

Thin.  I *so* wish I had thick coaxial Ethernet, but alas, my present
physical facility is just too small for that: my present coax Ethernet
network is contained within a single machine room which is a converted
bedroom.

I've found some thicknet + vampire taps in a few wiring closets of some of our older buildings, but it is all out of service. It wil lget ripped out when that building is gutted for a major overhaul in the next 1-2 years.

jms