nanog mailing list archives

Re: FIOS Router

From: Brielle Bruns <bruns () 2mbit com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:54:32 -0600

On 5/27/10 11:46 AM, Chris Burwell wrote:
Brielle: Thank you for the info about the Ethernet port on the ONT. I
will make sure to relay that information. At this point I believe they
would want to make their service stable and worry about maximum
bandwidth once that is done.

I was actually corrected off list that its possible to get 100mbit over 100Base-TX, but its entirely possible that cheapie cards and such may not be able to hit that high of performance.

The router they have is the MI424WR, which is what I have for my home
service. I don't have many complaints about it at home, however it's
clear that it's not up to the task in the case of my client. They have
had the router replaced by Verizon 4 times in about as many months.

I believe its possible to install DD-WRT on the MI424WR.

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/MI424WR

You might have luck with running pure Linux on that rather then Jungo's commercial linux abomination that Verizon uses.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org