nanog mailing list archives

Re: any "bring your own bandwidth" IPv4 over IPv4 tunnel merchants?

From: Bill Bogstad <bogstad () pobox com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 20:28:09 -0400

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Gregory Edigarov
<greg () bestnet kharkov ua> wrote:
On Mon, 3 May 2010 14:12:45 -0400
Holly shit... Where do you live? In Ukraine we have almost no
difference (well it is different from one company to another) between
commercial and residental setups. At least it is so with smaller
providers like one I have at home and one I work for (they are two
different companies).
So it seems very very strange to me you need to justify anything with
your network operator.

North America.   Specifically the Boston metro area of the USA.   It's
fairly common here to put all kinds of type of service restrictions on
residential Internet connectivity.   From what I've read on NANOG over
the years, I thought this was common practice worldwide, but it sounds
like that might not be the case in the Ukraine.

Thanks,
Bill Bogstad