nanog mailing list archives

Re: Dial Concentrators - TNT / APX8000 R.I.P.

From: Mark Andrews <marka () isc org>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 14:29:31 +1000

In message <201005110413.o4B4DIsN031537 () drugs dv isc org>, Mark Andrews writes:
How are ISPs that still offer dialup going to handle dialup and IPv6?  I
know the TNTs don't do it, and I don't think most of the old equipment
in use in many places does.

6to4

You don't want 6to4.  Even if you provide relay routers the return
traffic is problematic.  6to4 also requires public IPv4 addresses
and you will eventually want to share these between your customers.

6rd would also be appropriate for this if you don't want to run
a tunnel broker.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka () isc org