nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spamcop Blocks Facebook?

From: Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon () cox net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 17:30:07 -0600

On 3/4/2010 2:35 PM, Dean Anderson wrote:

When there are 100 million facebook organizations, perhaps your
comparison will be appropriate.  But even then, only if your friends
participate in all 100 million.  Getting the occasional facebook,
linkedin, and plaxo invitation from your friends is not a DOS.  Just
shows how you like to use inflamatory rhetoric.  The strain of the
rhetoric is what exposes the scam, and your untoward willingness to go
along with the scammers. (Oh wait, that is the NANOG trademark, isn't
it?)

Nobody said it would be a DOS.

Some of us who know what we are talking about call it spam, since it
meets every criterion for the term.

I leave the NANOG trademark stuff to those of you who enjoy that.

I took the liberty of stripping all the crosspos.....I mean CC:s off.

--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs