nanog mailing list archives

Re: Nato warns of strike against cyber attackers

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 04:11:32 -0700

On Jun 8, 2010, at 11:11 PM, JC Dill wrote:

Owen DeLong wrote:

Heck, at this point, I'd be OK with it being a regulatory issue.

What entity do you see as having any possibility of effective regulatory control over the internet?

The reason we have these problems to begin with is because there is no way for people (or government regulators) in
the US to control ISPs in eastern Europe etc.

The reason we have these problems is because NO government is taking action. If each government
took the action I suggested locally against the ISPs in their region, it would be just as effective.
In fact, the more governments that take the action I suggested, the more effective it would be.

Owen