nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for comments

From: Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:18:39 +0100

On 23/07/2010 01:17, Mark Smith wrote:
Does this qualify? What the customer sees is delivered over IPv6,
unlike the CPE management problem, where the ISP is the "IPv6 customer".

"IPv6: The Future of IPTV? In Japan it isn't the future, it's now."
http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3795086/IPv6-The-Future-of-IPTV.htm

I understand that there are several networks doing this; the STB - like the CPE modem - is managed by the service provider and the customer has no management / control access over it. The customer stays on ipv4 for their regular access product.

Someone offline pointed me at the Google IPv6 Implementors 2010 conference, at which:

https://sites.google.com/site/ipv6implementors/2010/agenda/13_Byrne_T-Mobile_IPv6GoogleMeeting.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

This is genuinely interesting.

Nick