nanog mailing list archives

Re: Email over v6

From: Brielle Bruns <bruns () 2mbit com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:38:30 -0600

On 7/8/10 11:04 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Brielle Bruns wrote:

By default, at least on Debian, TLS and IPv6 (if available, even if
only using link local addresses) are on by default, so there's not too
much that needs to be done to use TLS on the SMTP side.

TLS wasn't enabled on my Debian using Postfix, so I guess it depends on
more factors than just "running Debian". IPv6 seems to be on by default,
yes.

Exim tends to be the default installed MTA from everything i've seen, and its TLS configuration is done as part of the split config method they use - check /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/03_exim4-config_tlsoptions

I can't speak for anything other then what I see on default installs - given I only use exim myself, no real experience with postfix beyond my ISPConfig3 server.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org