nanog mailing list archives

Re: policies for 24.0.0.0/8 ?

From: Jim Mercer <jim () reptiles org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 05:27:03 -0500

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 10:07:35AM +0000, Nick Hilliard wrote:
On 22/01/2010 05:07, Jim Mercer wrote:
i'm just wandering what happened to 24.0.0.0/8 and what policies
govern who and what can use the address space there.

Not quite sure why you'd want to use 24/8.  It became a "normal" address
block a very long time ago .  RFC3330 sez:

   24.0.0.0/8 - This block was allocated in early 1996 for use in
   Numbers (ARIN) in May 2001.  Addresses within this block are assigned
   in the normal manner and should be treated as such.

So, it's just regular IP address space, available for assignment if you
live in ARIN-land.

hrm, somehow i missed that.

Incidentally, Pakistan is serviced by APNIC, not RIPE:

http://www.apnic.net/about-APNIC/organization/apnics-region

wow, musta been sleeping that day.

any how, it is what it is.

--
Jim Mercer        jim () reptiles org        +92 336 520-4504
"I'm Prime Minister of Canada, I live here and I'm going to take a leak."