nanog mailing list archives

RE: DDoS mitigation recommendations

From: William Pitcock <nenolod () systeminplace net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:39:22 -0600

Hi,

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 09:56 -0800, Gerald Wluka wrote:

I am new to this mailing list - this should be a response to an already
started thread that I cannot see:

Welcome to NANOG!

IntelliguardIT has a new class of network appliance that installs inline
(layer 2 appliance). It has no impact on current network capacity and
automatically manages flash crowds gracefully.

Prove it.  As far as I can tell, DDoS mitigation appliances are mostly
smoke and mirrors, and I used to work for an IDS vendor.

To date the company has over-invested in technology and under-invested in
sales and marketing. That is changing now: the company is moving to The Bay
Area.

LOL.

As a testament to this over-investment we have a few customers in Asia who
had CiscoGuard and/or Arbor Network solutions deployed - they were failing!
IntelliGuard's solution solved their DDoS problems.

Can you cite these clients?

If you would like to learn more please contact me directly (the
IntelliGuardIT website is quite dated at this stage.

William