nanog mailing list archives

RE: fiber plant management?

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 16:28:58 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, Dustin Jurman wrote:

I know this is an emotional issue for some but we're looking at some upgrades to our cores and being a classic cisco shop we're wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Cisco ASR models in the service provider space. We're used to running VXR's and are trying to make a decision between going with G2 proc or moving into the ASR's. These would be edge routers. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Wouldn't it be better to start a new thread for this, rather trying to hijack an unrelated thread? VXRs and ASRs have nothing to do with fiber plant management.

jms