nanog mailing list archives

Re: [NANOG] NREN Network Design

From: Alex Balashov <abalashov () evaristesys com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:15:09 -0500

Tarig,

I am not quite sure what you mean, but it sounds like you're suggesting that different pieces of your network are fragmented across different connections to different ISPs.

Depending on what exactly the problem is, the solution would be either (a) to get a provider-independent IP block from your RIR and route-peer with each of these ISPs in order to announce independent address space that travels with you wherever you buy connectivity, and/or (b) some sort of Layer 2 or 3 tunneling like VPN or MPLS, if I'm not understanding the problem correctly.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC