nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP multihoming question.

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 09:13:43 -0600

On 12/9/2010 5:32 AM, b2 wrote:
Hi , first sorry for lame question but i'm new to BGP.
In my ISP I have two full BGP sessions with my two transit providers (X
and Y), and for every provider i have assigned PA (Provider
Aggregatable) networks. Is it possible (if there are no filters on other
side) to advertise X networks to Y and Y to accept them ? My confusion
comes from the PA status , i know if it is PI there are no problem to
route it to any AS.
Thanks.

If it's SWIP'd to you by your provider, it is yours to use, and most providers will accept it. The difference between them is paperwork; that's all.

Jack