nanog mailing list archives

Re: ipfix/netflow/sflow generator for Linux

From: Ken A <ka () pacific net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:04:14 -0600

Have you considered argus?
It can deliver "argus flows" from multiple interfaces.
From http://www.qosient.com/argus/ :

Argus can be considered an implementation of the architecture
described in the IETF IPFIX Working Group. Argus pre-dates IPFIX, and
the project has actively contributed to the IPFIX effort, however,
Argus technology should be considered a superset of the IPFIX
architecture, providing "proof of concept" implementations for most
aspects of the IPFIX applicability statement. Argus technology can
read and process Cisco Netflow data, and many sites develop audits
using a mixture of Argus and Netflow records.

Ken