nanog mailing list archives

Re: Level 3 Communications Issues Statement Concerning Comcast'sActions

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 16:42:30 -0500

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 16:32:47 EST, Jared Mauch said:

Ultimately I managed to work something out and get service, but for
those on the "edge" areas, its much harder than you would think to gain
access.  I suspect there will be ongoing property devaluation as a
consequence of lack of these utilities..

Has already started.  I was looking for an apartment/house recently, and looked
at one place towards the outskirts of town that was rather nicer than the rent
price would indicate. The guy admitted the rent had been dropped $150/mo
because the location had neither DSL nor cable service.  Unfortunately, that
was a show-stopper for me as well...