nanog mailing list archives

Re: off-topic: historical query concerning the Internet bubble

From: Roland Perry <lists () internetpolicyagency com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 09:34:17 +0100

In article <m2bp9d2t16.wl%randy () psg com>, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> writes
my memory is that he said doubling every nine months.
Mine too.

mo's too.  i asked.

This isn't just my recollection of what Mike said in 2001, the news item I quoted was printed in 2001. So even if it's a mistaken memory (of the late 90's), it was a mistaken memory captured in 2001.

I mentioned it simply as a fairly contemporary reference to the meme.

Having said that, doubling every 9 months was approximately the growth that LINX was seeing at the time.
--
Roland Perry