nanog mailing list archives

Senderbase is offbase, need some help

From: Mike <mike-nanog () tiedyenetworks com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:25:33 -0700

Gang,

I've tried to get the attention of senderbase, which is claiming activity from my address space which is in fact either un-routed or within dynamic subscriber blocks that have outbound smtp filtering in effect. Unfortunately, senderbase refuses to acknowledge the problem in their database nor back up their claims with any evidence to the contrary other than these ips are listed in their database and that's that. I realise this may not strictly be the domain of nanog but I would think that quality of services such like senderbase, as measured in both false positives as well as their abillity to act on them, would be, since many here use and depend on these services. I don't understand how or why senderbase would list unrouted address space and further give me grief over the reporting of it "Unless the daily volume magnitude shows something > 1, I would not be too worried", but accuracy counts and you won't have my business unless you can demonstrate some.

Mike-