nanog mailing list archives

Re: Books for the NOC guys...

From: Steven Bellovin <smb () cs columbia edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:10:29 -0400

On Apr 2, 2010, at 1:53 44PM, Chris Adams wrote:

Once upon a time, Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com> said:
All true, but I'd still say there's a special rung in hell for bad perl.

Ehh, bad perl is still more readable than good APL.  At least I can
reformat the perl! :-)
--

Oh, I don't know about that -- you an often reformat APL, too.  Just because something can be written in one line
doesn't mean it should be!

And bad APL -- well, that's produced either by people who are trying to be too clever, or who haven't grokked APL's
array-as-a-whole philosophy, and try to use its (very poor) looping or conditional control flow primitives.