nanog mailing list archives

Re: interop show network (was: legacy /8)

From: Brandon Ross <bross () pobox com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 00:02:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, Jeroen van Aart wrote:

Someone in another thread mentioned interop show network. Which made me curious and I did a bit of searching. I found the following article from 2008 about the interop show: http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/27583

The show could setup an IPv6 only network in order to showcase it? That'd free up a /8.

Seriously? You do realize that the InteropNet actually has to provide a real service to the exhibitors and attendees of the show, right? This year's network will support v6, but a v6-only network is just not a practical way to supply real network connectivity to customers, yet.

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
Director of Network Engineering                                ICQ:  2269442