nanog mailing list archives

Re: Home CPE choice

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 23:00:22 -0700

Yeah, the one unfortunate ting in the J-series and SRX-series is that after 9.6
you have to put in a whole bunch of config to turn it back into a router.
JunOS on these "services" routers now wants to behave like a netscreen
until bludgeoned otherwise.  The way to achieve this is not intuitively
obvious, especially the forwarding-options mpls (which affects inet,
not just mpls) and the flow stuff.

Owen

Here's a useful template for those that care:

security {
    zones {
        security-zone trust {
            host-inbound-traffic {