nanog mailing list archives

Re: Connectivity to an IPv6-only site

From: Mark Andrews <marka () isc org>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 02:45:05 +1000

In message <5598.1272031635@localhost>, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu writes:
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 06:34:43 PDT, Owen DeLong said:

Bottom line, if your ISP's resolvers cannot issue queries over IPv6,
that is a problem that is relatively easy for them to solve. It is worth
putting pressure on your ISP to solve that problem.

Ours are currently intentionally configured to not issue queries over IPv6,
because at one time, there were *so many* sites that listed unreachable quad-
NS records. Our DNS guy is more than willing to revisit that config switch.

Anybody have some statistics on what the current situation is?

Given I've been running dual stack nameservers for the last 7 years
and never noticed any real problems I expect his problems are actually
closer to home.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka () isc org