nanog mailing list archives

Re: Gmail Down?

From: Shahla Tabarzadi <shahlatabarzadi () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:08:35 -0400

gmail is working in the U.S

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Tony Finch <dot () dotat at> wrote:

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Paul Vixie wrote:

i recently explored webmail for my family and found "prayer", which is a
pure C application (no php, no perl) built on the uw-imap c-client
library.
it's blindingly fast even for thousands of huge mailboxes stored in MH
format.  anyone who was using "the cloud" because they couldn't stand the
poor performance of the apache-based webmail systems should take a look.

We have about 41,000 registered users of which about 25,000 log in to
webmail in a busy week (about 850,000 logins per week, 6 or 7 million HTTP
requests per day). We run Prayer on a single PC with 8GB RAM and one dual
code 2GHz Xeon CPU. Mailboxes live on separate Cyrus IMAP servers.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot () dotat at>  http://dotat.at/
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.

--
Shahla