nanog mailing list archives

Re: FOSS WAN Acceleration Software

From: Ryan Wilkins <ryan () deadfrog net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:20:55 -0500

While not FOSS, supposedly Cisco routers with reasonably current IOS releases have RBSCP support which hints at acting in this capacity. I've wanted to test it since the majority of our networks are over satellite, but most of the modems we use have WAN acceleration built in and thus the need to try RBSCP has been low.

If you try it and it works I'd be interested to hear your results.

Regards,
Ryan Wilkins