nanog mailing list archives

Re: <Help - Unable to builld a IP-SEC VPN on a Cisco ASA 5520>

From: Dane Newman <dane.newman () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:29:00 -0400

yup you lose alot in mutli context mode such as vpn, and routing protocols.
It basically just becomes a true stateful firewall.

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 1:26 PM, John Hodges <jhodges () simplexity com> wrote:

I was in ASA class just last week and asked about this exact issue.

I was told that at this time you cannot do the IPSec VPN in Multiple
context mode (due to the ASA not being able to keep track of the SA).  This
is a software issue that Cisco is working on and has in test at this time.
 No timeframe for release though.

-John