nanog mailing list archives

Re: New Class C's just lit on on AT&T, spamming

From: Jay Hennigan <jay () west net>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:54:27 -0800

Jon Lewis wrote:
On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Michael Peddemors wrote:

A new block under AT&T, listed as being owned by:

The Karcher Group Inc. ATTIS-9951800 (NET-99-51-80-0-1) 99.51.80.0 -
99.51.81.255

Just started an email marketing campaign to addresses stripped from the web..

There's a far more succinct term for "email marketing campaign"...

We wouldn't run out of IP's if this didn't keep happening..

I don't see how this relates to IPv4-runout. The allocation (to AT&T) isn't all that new...and when they cancel this spammer, the space will undoubtedly be assigned to another customer.

And that other customer will find that it's poisoned space and will need to look for another subnet.

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay () impulse net