nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo and their mail filters..

From: John Peach <john-nanog () johnpeach com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:35:49 -0400

On 25 Mar 2009 11:52:20 -0000
John Levine <johnl () iecc com> wrote:

And yes indeed, its a way for us to automate termination of
spammers, and to discover other patterns (in signup methods / spam
content etc) that we can use to update our filters.

That's a great theory.  Would you be willing to post an update to
this list if and when your technology and automation actually get to
the point of actually shutting down a spammer?

Um, perhaps this would be a good time to do a little background
research and see who Suresh is and what he does.

Indeed it would; I know from experience that Suresh's automation works.

--
John