nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fiber cut - response in seconds?

From: Charles Wyble <charles () thewybles com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:34:35 -0700

David Barak wrote:
Encryption is insufficient - if you let someone have physical access for a long enough period, they'll eventually crack anything.

Really? I don't think so. I imagine it would be much more dependent on the amount of computing power the attacker has access to. More encrypted blobs won't help. If that was the case then the various encryption schemes in wide use today would be cracked already. Bad guys can setup networks and blast data through it and have complete access. I don't see them cracking encryption.