nanog mailing list archives

Recommendations on Centralized Modem Server/Resource

From: Claudia de Luna <cldeluna () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:19:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm involved in a state-wide InBand/OOB management terminal server deployment for network infrastructure equipment and
am looking for recommendations on centralized modem servers for the network team at a central location.  Ideally the
network team would use this centralized service to access the new terminal servers deployed across the state from their
desktops via ssh vs. provisioning POTS lines and modems at all the engineers desk? We will leverage laptops and
available modem lines as well but I'm looking for a permanent, always available solution that does not involve booting
up your laptop, etc...

Any recommendations on what you've seen work well, product recommendations (or warnings), or overall solutions would be
very welcome.

Thanks,

Claudia