nanog mailing list archives

Re: common carier

From: nancyp () yorku ca
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:32:15 -0400

Rod,
Sorry for the mislead on this. I agree with you.
There are a lot of layer 9 reasons why this is the case.
regards
NP

Quoting rodbeck1 () gmail com:

Nancy,

You're missing the point and you're quoting out of context.

The point is that common carrier protections should apply to ISPs since they
are essentially doing the same thing as carriers - they are shipping bits.

The whole enhanced service distinction is flimsy. There is nothing about IP
that makes an enhanced service in any meaninful sense different It is just a
transport protocol.

So don't confuse 'is' and 'ought'.

I am advocating that common carrier protections should be extended to ISPs.
---- Envoyé avec BlackBerry® d'Orange ----