nanog mailing list archives

Re: ipv6 only DNS?

From: "Durand, Alain" <Alain_Durand () cable comcast com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:31:35 -0400

I would suggest to read RFC3901/BCP91: ³DNS IPv6 Transport Operational
Guidelines² on this topic.

   - Alain.

On 6/21/09 5:45 PM, "joel jaeggli" <joelja () bogus com> wrote:

In pratice, most clients are not their own recursive resolvers.

Rui Ribeiro <racribeiro () gmail com> wrote:

Hi Steve,

An IPv6 only device can "hit" your server if all the DNS hierachy
resolves through IPv6. It works the same way as in IPv4.

Rui