nanog mailing list archives

Re: ICSI Netalyzr launch

From: Nathan Ward <nanog () daork net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:26:06 +1200

On 11/06/2009, at 2:16 PM, vern () ee lbl gov wrote:

didn't want to spring for a cert for that eh? www.startssl.com ... hey
lookie! free certs!

? We bought a cert from Thawte specifically so people wouldn't find that it's suspect. Does it look funny when your browser presents it to you?

I had the same problem, I'm not sure Christopher correctly diagnosed it.

It looks like in Safari, when a Java applet asks for unrestricted access (as opposed to standard) it presents you with the security cert to confirm that you really want it. It says "This certificate is valid", as opposed to "invalid" or "untrusted" or whatever normally comes up.

Screenshot of the GUI:
http://don.braintrust.co.nz/~nward/netalyzr.png

--
Nathan Ward