nanog mailing list archives

Re: Coax wiring. MoCA between neighbors.

From: Kee Hinckley <nazgul () somewhere com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:41:24 -0400

On Jun 10, 2009, at 3:28 PM, Dongsu Han wrote:
I'm also trying to find out whether my neighbors would be able to overhear the MoCA signal from my apartment. Anyone knows the answer?

I can't speak to what they are *supposed* to do, but my experience is that things can be overheard. Last summer I discovered that my Comcast cable had two premium digital channels I hadn't ordered. One was showing soft porn, and while I was sitting there pondering this, it began to fast forward. Not surprisingly, it was fast forwarding over the boring parts and then watching the naughty bits at normal speed. I can only assume that one of the neighboring houses has video-on-demand.