nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Growth projections

From: Mark Radabaugh <mark () amplex net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:28:54 -0400

Ivan Pepelnjak wrote:
Let me be the devil's advocate: why would you need full Internet routing?
Taking reasonably sized neighborhoods of your upstreams (AS paths up to X AS
numbers) plus a default to your best upstream might do the trick.

Ivan
We currently do exactly that - dropping anything longer than a /23 with default routes to cover anything missing. Since were replacing the routers anyway I would prefer to have the capacity to do things correctly rather than what, at least to me, seems a kludge. It is a very workable solution - just not one I am completely comfortable with.

--

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex