nanog mailing list archives

Re: Are we really this helpless? (Re: isprime DOS in progress)

From: Eugeniu Patrascu <eugen () imacandi net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:57:08 +0200

Jon Kibler wrote:

Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
<SNIP>
Well, we *could* hunt down the perpetrators, pool some $$, and hire 3 or 4
baseball-bat wielding professional explainers to go explain our position to
them.  Figuring out how to do so without breaking any laws is the tough part...

But if they were in eastern Europe or Russia, wouldn't that solution be
considered standard business practice and thus be legal?
As an eastern european, I can tell you that you're watching way too much TV :) We also have law enforcement that can take down rogue cracker networks. The only problem police has in this matters is somewhat lack of experience and lack of resources. Otherwise they don't have a problem knocking down doors to catch bad guys.