nanog mailing list archives

Re: Networking performance

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:17:05 -0500

On Feb 6, 2009, at 1:43 PM, Deric Kwok wrote:

I would like to ask your professional experience about switch throughput

I have Gig Switchs eg: H P3400 /3500, cisco c4 948../ dlink
In their spec, they said that it can handles Gig
So far, I couldn't see their ports are used up over 200M in mrtg graph
when I try to transfer 3G size files to files between computers

ls there any limitation in those switchs?

Those switches do more than 200 Mbps. (BTW, Are you measuring megaBITs or megaBYTES?)

I suspect the machines transfering data, not the switches.

--
TTFN,
patrick