nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo and their mail filters..

From: "Paul M. Moriarty" <pmm () igtc com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 19:57:18 -0800

On Feb 25, 2009, at 5:25 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Barry Shein <bzs () world std com> wrote:

I realize this is easier in theory than practice but I wonder how much better the whole AOL (et al) spam button would get if they ignored the
spam button unless two (to pick a number) different customers clicked
the same sender (I know, forged sender etc but something like that) as
spam in a reasonably short amount of time like an hour or a day at
most.

.. and you think AOL doesnt track these?  Come on, barry - try to give
large mailops shops with massive userbases some credit for clue level.
You have all the clue in the world but you dont even begin to guess
at the firehose AOL / Yahoo / we etc have to deal with.  Or what we
routinely do, as a matter of best practice.

Whenever I see the words "best practice" I find my self wondering, "Best for who?"